Saturday, January 2, 2010

Interview with AmazonMandy!

This the first Interview of the year with one of my favorite cosplayers AmazonMandy! I'm so glad she agreed to answer some questions for the blog! Enjoy ^^



1. How long have you been cosplaying for?
I think a little over 4 years now.

2.Think it´s addictive?
Definitely, it kind of started on a dare, and I got hooked!

3.Which one is your favorite costume?

I don't think I could pick one, maybe 6 or 7! Hahaha!

4.Any cosplay idols?
I could put all of my friends names in here, but the ones I admire the most are the ones who are good people inside and out, not just good at sewing.



5.Do you go to conventions and if you do which ones?
I go to a lot of conventions, though nowadays I feel less drawn to Anime Conventions, and more toward Sci-fi, Comic, and Movie conventions.

6.Have you ever had an awkward moment at a convention or cosplay event?
I think the most awkward might have been when a fan handed me a stuffed doll...of me. It was really sweet and thoughtful that they made it, but I had no real idea of how to react!

7. What would you say to people who don´t know or are afraid of cosplaying?

What's to be afraid of? Everyone does something that someone else might turn their nose at, but if you're going to worry about what others think your whole life, you'll miss out on everything fun. If you want to do something and it doesn't hurt anyone else, do it, and enjoy it! It's all a learning process, and it's creative and fun.


8. Have you ever encountered any cosplay bashers?
I've never been a victim of it at a convention, but I don't think I've ever upset anyone personally at one. I'm sure there are people out there who are negative about anything, and a lot of people, sadly, judge others on a photo or a rumor. And sometimes people get mixed up in arguments and that causes others to lash out. I think that that kind of meanness comes down to an immature personality, or someone who's hurt and angry and doesn't know how to fix it so they react without thinking. It can hurt people, but in the end, what does stuff like that matter? Life is short. I have so many things going on in my life that keep be busy, I really just don't have time to worry about meanness like that. I hope if someone had a reason to be upset with me, they'd come talk to me...otherwise, how would I know or be able to fix it? I just focus on the things that really matter.

9. Do you have any future cosplays?

Oh yes, there's always a few on the horizon. I have 4 in progress for winter shoots, and the rest will most likely all be for a convention at the end of summer, '10.




10.Is there something you would never cosplay as?
As long as I like the character or the design a lot, and I'm comfortable doing it, no. I think everyone has different levels of comfort and what kinds of things interest them in cosplaying a character, I just do what I like.

11.Do you make your own costumes?

Yes, I try to make every part of it by myself. I think that's the most enjoyable part, otherwise there would be no challenge and it would be boring! Props are my favorite things to make, I try to save making them for last so I don't get bored of sewing everything. I think if I don't finish a project in a few weeks, I tend to get bored of it, and want to move onto the next one.

12.What do you do when you are not cosplaying? (hobbies and such)

I think I have a lot of hobbies. I paint a lot, both for my business and enjoyment. I prefer painting wildlife, but just painting anything is very fun to me! I love outdoor activities, mostly running. Mountain biking and hiking are also things I like to do as long as the weather allows it, and lately I have taken up sculpting anime figures and models!


Random facts!

Favorite food?
Oh geez...I love food. Italian, and anything sweet!

Favorite cartoon or TV show?
I don't watch TV, I really hate it.

Cats or dogs?
I have a dog, and a bird!

Is there something you extremely hate?
Mostly just ignorance and meanness. But outside of traits, I hate being cold!! I like summer the most!

Favorite color?
Army green! That's why my website is that color...even if it's not "girly", I love that color.

Favorite music?
I love so many different kinds of music...I have over 3000 cds ranging from techno to opera! I don't like country, though! Or hard rap...

Favorite books? I don't like fiction...I like wildlife, religious, history, biographies, and science books.

Favorite movies?
I don't think I could narrow it down!





Any last words?

Please remember, this hobby should remain just that: a hobby. Don't take yourself or others too seriously in it. Always try to do your best, but never make fun of others or get angry over something so silly. It makes me sad sometimes people take this very seriously, because at the end of the day, we're all just geeks wearing wigs on the weekends! Life is short, HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment